Thursday 2 July 2015

Album Review | Mackintosh Braun 'Arcadia'





Recently, I was given the green light by this band to 'go for it' in reviewing this album which I happened to stumble across when I was flicking through iTunes one day. The album art being an exquisite gallery looking piece aside, I was intrigued to have a peek at what MacKintosh Braun is all about.

In discovering this Indie-Electro Pop duo from Oregon comprised of Ian MacKintosh and Ben Braun signed to Island Records/Chop Shop Records, a division of the Universal Music Group, I discovered (for me, anyway) what it must be like to rest in a fluffy cotton candy cloud surrounded by blue sky. It is that sweet to the ears! Side note: Ben Braun is the son of Michael Braun, Drummer for Hall & Oates


I have to say that in an era where everyone is trying to 'define' their own method of Electro - Pop, MacKintosh Braun hits the proverbial nail on the head. This is the duo's first album in five years and is a very refreshing comeback after this hiatus. Having a stressful day? Plus into Arcadia and I assure you your stress literally melts away.

As a music lover of all genres, this band in particular has revived sounds from the past with futuristic finesse. The range of sound from this 11 track album goes from high impact (what I call, my 'runTunes' - for the days you feel completely inspired to get out and get active) to the loud speaker sounds you would hear on the midway this summer to the earbuds you plug in while sunbathing on the beach.


'Arcadia is light and fun and truly is the Sound of the Summer!' - CA Marshall


Written by: CA Marshall | Editor Starlight Music Chronicles
_____________________

To Purchase Arcadia Click Here
















MacKintosh Braun Social Media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MackintoshBraun/
Twitter: @mackintoshbraun
Website: www.mackintoshbraun.com
Email: mackintoshbraunmusic@gmail.com




No comments:

Post a Comment